If you were granted asylum or refugee status in the United States, you may be eligible to apply for a green card 1 year after your asylum application was approved. You may be eligible to apply for a green card if the following conditions are met:
- Have a physical presence in the United States for at least 1 year after being granted asylum,
- Continued to meet the definition of a asylee (or continue to be the spouse or child of such asylee),
- Not abandoned your asylee status,
- Not being firmly resettled in any foreign country,
- Being admissible to the United States.
Okan Sengun has successfully represented individuals in obtaining their green cards after being granted asylum or refugee status in the United States. Click here to schedule an appointment to discuss about your eligibility for a green card, affordable attorney fees and payment options.