If you are in a relationship with a United States citizen (or you are the United States citizen, who is in a relationship with a foreign national), you may be eligible to apply for a green card based on your relationship. As long as you have a real relationship and a legal entry into the United States, you have nothing to worry about. Here are the main requirements to apply for a marriage-based green card:

1- Legal Entry: Last entry into the United States should be legal, which means that the foreign national spouse should have proof of his or her legal entry (such as an entry stamp, I-94, a US visa, etc..).

2- Marriage to a United States citizen: If one of the spouses is a US citizen, you may be eligible to apply for a green card immediately. The marriage should be legal and real.

If you meet the above requirements, contact us for a consultation at to talk more in details about your green card case. At our initial consultation, we will talk about any possible issues including criminal issues, previous public benefits (i.e. ADAP), financial sponsorship, joint sponsorship, overstay of your status, unauthorized employment, etc..

We look forward to hearing from you!

*If the foreign national spouse entered without inspection, you should contact us before filing any applications with the USCIS.